This remote community in Northern Territory, Australia was experiencing a high level of non-revenue water loss. The project’s objective was to validate the ground truth data, identify any network defects and provide a spatial reporting format that enabled timely and accurate repairs to reduce water loss.
Aqua Analytics mobilised twice in six months to undertake a complete water network audit and leak detection on the assets of the remote community. Several step tests were undertaken to determine the level of loss in different areas of the network and validate findings. Accurate defect locations were obtained using a GIS data management solution which ensured timely and precise repairs.
- Leaks Detected: A total of 65 individual leaks were located during the project, with a cumulative volume of 200 litres/min.
- Significant Cost Saving and ROI: Saving of 7,100 kL/month resulting in saved costs of $32,300/month and an ROI of 1.5 months.
- Improved Network Insight: Additional insights on the water network were obtained, such as metering issues and asset defects.
- Spatial Awareness of Network Defects: Reporting was completed with custom GIS solution and allowed real-time interactive viewing by client.
– J. Snowdon James, Power & Water, Northern Territory
Aqua Analytics delivered the project with an outstanding level of professionalism. They have a great understanding of the science and technology involved.